Bee Pollen is formed from the combination of microscopic pollen grains that bees collect and nectar.
Bee keepers collect the pollen from the bees by placing a collection device at the entrance to the hive which collects in between 10-50% of the pollen leaving the remainder for the hive.
For decades, researchers, scientists and physicians have been studying the health benefits of pollen. Some of the reported benefits are:
· Increase energy, endurance, stamina, mental clarity
· Strengthens the immune system and ability to heal
· May help alleviate allergies, particularly if pollen is from your geographical area/community
· Slow down aging process
· The Lecithin content of bee pollen can aid in lowering cholesterol
An interesting fact, is that bee pollen cannot be made in a laboratory; even when all of the known nutrients are present. This lends itself to the magic that surrounds the honey bee. There is a mysterious element that bees add which cannot be replicated by man.
BEE pollen is an alkalizing food and contains:
· B vitamins
· Trace minerals (boron, copper, iodine, iron & selenium)
· 22 amino acids
Use in smoothies, oats, yogurt, sprinkle on cereal or on top of other dishes
*it is important as I mentioned to make sure the pollen that you get is from the area that you live** get to know your local apiarist!